Wednesday, June 20, 2012

He's gone!

Well, Alex is gone.  Yep! He went in to the MTC in Provo today.  He called  first thing this morning from my sister's house in Utah where he spent the night.  I talked with him for about 20 minutes and it was nice. 

I had to go to work at Cotton Pickins just for Shop Hop this week.  I got my "final" call from Alex on my way to town.  It was tough.  It is such a tear jerker when you know you can't just pick up the phone or send a text whenever you want.  I know he is doing what he should be doing and what he wants to be doing.  I will surely miss having him around this summer while the other boys are around.  I cried most of the way in to town.  I am so mushy!!  I am very proud of him.

He has a blog if you want to see what he is up to while he is serving in the New Mexico Farmington Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It is http://www.elderalexhuff.blogspot.com/ .  There are 2 posts on there now.

Oh, how life goes on.  Taylor is just coming home from auditioning for a community theater production.  I don't know how that went but he said it wasn't his worst audition! :-)  He cracks me up!  He is leaving for his summer job on the 27th of June.  He will be up at Scout Camp as the director of the Pathfinder section of camp.

Chris is home for the summer working at a machine shop in Arlington.  He is pretty excited as he will earn enough to pay for school and he is getting a Pelle grant!!  Now he is planning a trip to Japan after school gets out in the summer next year.

Matt is down in Eugene preparing for some core exams for his PhD program.  He has completed his first year of grad school.  He is busy, busy.  He and Katie are getting married on August 31st.  That's his birthday so he should be good for always remembering their anniversary!!  We are busy getting the place ready for an open house on August 24th here.

Rob also changed jobs at Boeing.  He doesn't get to work from home anymore.  He has been getting a little more overtime as well.  I sure miss him not being home on Fridays though. But then again, life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment